Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Wish

Hi Everyone!

After a rough couple of weeks, these last couple of days are going pretty well. Carson saw a new doctor on Wednesday and he has new ideas. We started a new Rx on Thursday that is supposed help him with his frustration. It seems to helping so far. We've had a really good couple of days. Yesterday, Emily and Ms. Nicole took Carson to visit the kindergarten classroom that he will attend next year. This was suggested at our IEP meeting and we thought it was a great idea. The resource room teacher accompanied them. Emily said that he LOVED it. Some of the boys asked him to sit with them and he participated in their circle time, snack etc.

Some funnies:

He took his Buzz Lightyear lunchbox. I guess most of the boys had Spiderman stuff. He said to them "Do you like Buzz Lightyear?" They said no and he said "Oh." Maybe it was a note to self...I better get Spiderman before I come here next year.

They were practicing spelling words. The teacher asked "How do you spell bean?" Carson looked at the resource room teacher and said with his gasp "I don't know how to spell bean." The teacher said it was okay and that most kids in first grade cannot spell bean.

I guess he followed up every kid's answer with a "That's right!"

At one point, Emily said that he kicked his leg and said "This is awesome!"

At another point, he said to the resource room teacher "I can't go to kindergarten. It's too scary!"

Emily said that he couldn't have been better. Boy, did we need a day like yesterday after the past couple of weeks. It seems like he is going to love it. The resource room teacher thought so too. I am so happy.

On another note...as many of you know we love Rascall Flatts and listen to them all the time, mostly "Life is a Highway" or the Lightning McQueen song as Griffin says. While driving to therapy on Thursday, Carson said "Daddy, I want my wish song. It's your wish too!" I put it on and he started singing along. If you don't know the song, I will put the lyrics below but it was very ironic that he said this because we do have the same wish......

I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big

I listened to the song again on my way to work yesterday and reflected on what he said to me. I can't believe how far he has come. I think our wish will come true. Although we've had some really bad days, I have to stay focused on the positive and be grateful to God for answering our prayers...it may not be as quickly as we want but it is happening before our eyes.

I hope all of your wishes come true! Have a great weekend! - Jay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is now my fav song! May all your wishes come true....Nonna

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. I wish all your wishes to come true!
~Dar