Friday, May 15, 2009

Dreaming in Pink!

Yesterday was a very exciting day.

Jay met me at the hospital for an ultrasound. It was not my regular 18-20 ultrasound. Since I have had two tough pregnancies in the past, they wanted to get an idea of size for this little one. All is fine. My doctors take really good care of me and since I have had gestational diabetes and pre-ecclapsia in the past, they are treating me very closely to be sure that the baby and I stay healthy.

So, when we met with the tech, I told her, if you get a look.... please let us know. If not, that was okay too as the health of the baby was and is our number one concern!

About half way though, she got a good look and truthfully, I could tell before she told us. I have had a ton of ultrasounds in the past (due to the above issues). I know exactly what a penis looks like on the monitor and could not find one on this baby!

When the tech did finally say - "I think mom is right," I started bawling. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. Really, I went in with no expectation or preference but hearing that I am going to have a daughter - it takes my breath away.

I guess having two boys and knowing that this is my last pregnancy (Oh, yes, Jay - it really is!), for some reason, I just figured that I would never had a daughter. Now I do and I can't tell you how exciting that is!!!

Thank you to all of you that have already called or emailed. We are very excited!

I ran to Target today and while I was there, I just had to look at the clearance racks for some sweet girly things. I bought my daughter something for the first time today. I got her some sweet pink jammies with little blue birds on it. If you know me well, you know that it was just about the most perfect thing I could buy.

Love you all and thanks for checking in - Em

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am seriously soooo excited for you Emily! I'm so glad you got your little girl! She is going to be sooo sweet! And her little jammies sound cute...are you sure Jay is okay with it though? They do have birds on them! :)

Anonymous said...

Pink....can you believe it! I so dearly love my four little boys but just the thought of a little girl in our family makes me smile from ear to ear. I was at the store today and I can't believe they had tiny "pink" chew chews for new borns - so cute I purchased two. As the song goes..."I've Only Just Begun".
Nonna

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Margie

Tencza Family said...

SO excited for you!  I was thinking the same thing about the birds and Jay (having known him for quite some time!) Girl things are very hard to resist buying! Good luck with that!

Our Journey To Eden said...

This is such a happy time! There is so much to look forward to! So happy for you!

GO PINK!!!!!!!