Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Jay!

Happy Birthday Jay! Today you are 34 years old. I almost can't believe how fast the time is going. Seems like yesterday, I met you for the first time and we were both in our mid twenties and having way too much fun. We still are having fun. Just a different kind of fun. Who would have thought that, the guy I met back then would have turned out into the you, you are today. Mr. Anti - commitment! You have taken on just about as much commitment and responsibility anyone could take and you do it with love. I know that everyone changes as they get older but you really have changed a great deal. You are still the hilarious guy I met but you now have a much more serious side to you. I attribute that to your need to take care of all of us. You use to be the life of any party but now prefer to hang out at home and be with your kids.

When wishing you a great birthday, I can't leave out what an amazing father you are. I have seen you conquer things that in the past, would have scared you to pieces. I have seen a sensitive side grow in you as you empathize more with other parents. You really had me fooled into thinking you were tough. I realize that you are - tough - you just have a ton of love as well. Thank you for being the best Daddy in the world to our babies. Thank you for loving them and choosing to make them the priority in your life. Thank you for wanting relationships with them and for never giving up.

I know I tell you all the time but you truly are my best friend and love of my life. I am sure that others that read this blog can get a bit queasy over our love for one another but too bad, this is our blog. I wish I had a way to honor you today that would tell you how important and special you are to me, to us. Nothing could match the appreciation and adoration I feel. So, just know, even though the day to day grind of our life can be at times monotonous, you are loved more than you could ever know.


Happy Birthday. The day you were born, I did not know it, but part of me was born too!

I love you - Em

Reasons we love you:

You are very patient and don't mind putting stickers all over your good dress clothes!



You are not afraid to get your hair wet and love playing with your kids!


You have learned to enjoy Halloween (a holiday you never liked) because your kids enjoy it!



You have amazing arms that can hold two kids and make them feel safe!



You are still smoking hot and look great all dressed up!



You will carry your 45+lbs son and a sled through the snow if it means Carson have just a bit more fun!


You try so hard with Fin. I know he is still little yet and prefers me but, your time is coming.



You take us to the pond to feed the ducks even though you are afraid of them!



You gave me a two little boys (and a little peanut) that I love more than anything. One of which, looks just like you.


I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are so mushy! Blegh! LOL
Happy B-day Jay!
~Dar

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jay! This was not to mushy for me. It's so sweet.
Audrey

Anonymous said...

How can you have a bad day after reading this blog. Jay, Happy Birthday and many many more. We love you and we love the person that you are.
Nonna