Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Bday America!

We had a wonderful 4th weekend. I have been wanting to blog about it but I have tons of pics to upload so it will be a time consuming entry.

------------------------------------------------

Jay and I decided to take some extra time off for the long weekend to spend some time as a family. It was wonderful. On Thursday, Nonna and Papa watched Fin for us so that we could take Carson to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda. We also took Carson to the Disney store to get some of the Cars action figures. He is OBSESSED with the movie so, he has been loving the action figures too. We had a great time. We did not make it through the whole movie as it was scary in some parts and Carson was a little nervous but it was a wonderful time with just Carson and I know that he loved the one-on-one time with mommy and daddy.

Friday the fun festivities began! We had a nice time at Pa Dennis's family party. Carson and Fin enjoyed the pool and property. They also had fun with Pa and Granny. See for yourself!




On Sat we had the Facciolla picnic at Stoney Creek followed by the Bolone BBQ at Aunt Carols. It was wonderful!
I remember last year going to the Facciolla picnic - my mom and some family members planned organized games and prizes and music. It was great but I was so sad as my Carson had NO interest in playing with anyone and we ended up leaving early. This year, he made my heart sing as he actually played in one of the organized games! This is the first time he really tried to join in and participate with other kids. For the most part he will parallel play or play on his own. When he started to play the game with me, I had tears down my face and was thanking God that this year we made some progress. Enjoy the pics -

Getting ready for the game!

Go Carson - Go Carson!



We did not win but let me tell you - Jay and I celebrated BIG TIME!
Here are some more pics of our wonderful Facciolla picnic -



From Stoney Creek we all headed to Aunt Carol's house for a fun BBQ that included swimming, looking for frogs and snakes and visiting with family. It was so much fun!
Pa and Dan swimming with Carson. You can tell by his face that he was having a blast!



All the kids enjoying the hot tub (not really hot)!


Brooke - she is a cutie!


Fin does not love the water so, he has fun playing hockey!


Amiee and the boys joined us at Aunt Carols. Sadly Ron's Uncle was very sick so he was in NY.

I will continue the rest of our weekend in another post.
Love you all and hope you had a nice 4th.
Emily












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you have seen so much progress in Carson. Keep up the wonderful work that you are doing with him!

Love,
Margie

Anonymous said...

We had fun too! Thanks for including us!!!!


Amiee