Monday, January 11, 2010

Funnies from the weekend!

Just a few funnies out of the mouths of children...

Griffin asked to hold Mia. Mia started screaming. Griffin pushed her back to me and said "Daddy, you take her. That makes me crazy!"

Griffin and Carson were fighting. Carson was on Emily's lap. Griffin (fake crying to Emily) said "Carson hurt my feelings." (He's sooo Emily's child.) Carson replied "Shut up Griffin!" Griffin started shaking and screamed "I'm going to smash you out the window!" Carson replied "No, I'm going to smash you out the window!"

Em and I laid down with both boys tonight in our bed. When I came in, Carson said "You can sit over there by Griffin." I said "Can't I sit by you?" He said "No, Mommy is sitting by me." Griffin yelled "But Mommy is my favorite!" Carson then yelled "Mommy is my favorite!" Once Em laid down by Carson, Griffin said "You're not a match (her and Carson.)" We asked him why and he said "Because Mommy loves Griffin and Daddy loves Carson!"

While reading a story about Betsy the Beaver's Bedtime Basics, Griffin pointed out that we have a lot of teeth unlike Betsy who has one (really two but he thought it was one.) I said "That's because we're humans." He said (with his little lisp) "We're guys. We're people. We're not humans!"

And our white trash moment of the weekend is......

We went to see Eden on Saturday at Amiee and Ron's house....as we were walking up onto the porch Hero (their dog) was barking like crazy.....Carson with a disgusted tone said "That fu#ki%g dog!" This really isn't funny but it was just the way he said it....OMG! I was laughing so hard. We totally ignored it b/c he has said this a few times over the past months.....seriously one time last year when he got up in the middle of the night for about the fourth night in a row...I said "Are you f'ing kidding me?" to Em...he picked it up and still drops it occassionally...I don't know what to do except ignore it...but sometimes, he uses it so appropriately it kills me.....

NEVER a dull moment...thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the funnies! You know I love hearing them. I can't wait to see what Carson says when he sees Max next time!
Niki

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope Rachel reads this. She thinks her house is crazy (we, maybe it is), but your house is crazy and hilarious. At least you guys always seem to be laughing. Jay, quit laughing at the f--- word from Carson. It won't be so funny when his teacher calls you. Seriously, Mia seems to being doing fine. I remember Adrian never slept and everyone had to tiptoe around. And look at how wonderful he is now. She is adorable and sleeping through the night. What more could a mom ask for? thanks for sharing once again.
Cindy

Our Journey To Eden said...

I love your kids!!!! They make me laugh so hard and they are so beautiful! Please keep posting what they say!!

Anonymous said...

These are great...way to go expanding Carson's vocab, Jay! J/K! Still laughing...
~Dar