Some updates -
- Carson - doing great. Still plugging away with all his therapies. He is amazing me daily with his conversation skills. I love, love, love to listen to my little man talk. Today he had a foot doc appointment (don't ask!) and we had a few minutes to play "doctor" while we waited for the real doc to come in. He loves to play doctor and decided that my feet had boo boos and needed help. He created a whole machine and called it the nickle machine and it was going to chop off my foot but, it was not going to hurt at all. I was dying with laughter. His imagination is tremendous and the things he comes up with kill me. He also decided while we were talking that baby girl should be named Moses. Again, where he got this, I have no idea. When I was laughing, he grabbed my face and pulled it to his and was giggling and kissed me. I love that he is beginning to understand these connections and enjoying them as well.
- Although we have many times like the one above - Lately, Carson is not happy with having to go to all his therapies. Frankly, I don't blame him one bit. He is always asking to go home and play. When at home, he just wants to be left alone and it does make me sad at times. He works so hard at therapy that by the time he can come home and play he does not want to talk much. He has been tuning us out (at times) lately but I have been assured that this is not regression just his need to decompress and have quite time. Please pray for him to have just a bit more patience and stick it out through the month of September.
- School - it starts in just about one month and I am getting very nervous. I am excited for him as well. Even though he has been going to school for two years already, this is sort of the "big time". This will be mainstream! This will be his chance to see if all the hard work of the past three years has prepared him for mainstream school. I am preparing myself for it to go both ways. I have to. Not that I see him failing but should it not be a good fit just yet, I don't want my heart to break all over again. Not for me, but for him! He so badly wants friends (although, he is still learning how to go about that and at times, does not do so well at it). He is very excited to go and I hope that he does not get frustrated or stressed out and feel anxiety about it. Again, pray for him to enjoy school and find his place in it.
- Fin - is convinced I am having a boy and will argue with you that I am. He wants nothing to do with having a sister. On Thursday's we visit my cousin Audrey while Carson is at therapy. She has a two daughters, Sophia 2 yrs. and Gianna 7mos. Last week, he got very jealous of me holding Gianna and playing with her. I am happy that this week, he liked to play with us and did really well. We still have to work on being super gentle but he kept telling her she was cute. Fin is very much in love with is cousin Sophia. The highlight of his week is going to see her. (we try to have a play date once a week) He is getting so big and so grown up. His language continues to amaze me and his sweet personality is just so much fun.
- Baby Girl - she is doing great and as of Friday weighs 3.4lbs. She was moving all around and practicing her breathing. I am starting to feel pressure to get things done. My Mom and Dad have been a huge help in moving Fin's things into Carson's room. Jay spent a whole day accommodating my request to move this or that. My Dad is going to paint her room this week. We chose a lavender color and my Mom is making her bedding and some accessories. There is lots of love being poured into her room and I hope she likes it. I will post some pics before and after this week. We think we have narrowed down the names to two - Mia or Claire. I love them both and really it could go either way. Her planned arrival is just 8 weeks away. That seems to be coming so fast. We can't wait to meet her but I am happy that she is thriving so well and growing. Don't come too early little girl!
- Me - Honestly, I feel good. This is the best pregnancy I have ever had. I still get sick from time to time and that has been different but my body has managed to not wig out. With both the boys buy this stage in the game, my blood pressure was crazy. I was having non-stress tests every 72 hours. Little girl must do something to me because, my BP is perfect and so is my sugar levels. The only things really getting to me are - sleep, picking things up and rest. I have started the, lets get up 50 times a night. I hate that and it then makes me extra tired during the day. If you have come by my house recently, you will notice that the toys are EVERYWHERE. They are all over the floor. I can't hardly stand to pick anything up. Not because it does not bug me but because it is so uncomfortable. Bending over with this belly is very difficult. Other than that, I feel wonderfully blessed to be nearing the end of a very uneventful pregnancy. Boring feels really good.
I hope to post some pics this week. I am going to try to make more time for postings. I started this one over a week ago and now, just finished it.
Thanks for checking in - love you - Em