Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! One of my resolutions is to update this blog much more frequently. I'm shooting for at least weekly.

It seems as though each year that passes, goes by more and more quickly. I have to say that 2010 was better than 2009 for us (financially anyway) but I'm hoping for a much better 2011. Things are looking up at my work so I'm thinking 2011 will be better for me there. Emily is doing okay at her job. It's not great, but okay for now. They tell her it really picks up in January so we're hoping. Unemployment is officially gone for Em so things are really tight again. Hopefully, things pick up for Em at work. She's considering going back to school this semester as well. The next couple of months will tell the story of whether this job will work out or not.

On a high note, Carson is doing amazingly well. This year has been huge for his road to recovery. He has made huge strides. He's doing great at school. He's completely potty trained, which I was worried we would never see and he's much more conversational and social. I am so happy about all of his progress. I feel like my prayers are finally being answered. We have a lot more things that we can still do. We saw Dr. McKenzie in December. She is his bio-medical pediatrician. She is the one treating his autism. We just did more stool, urine and blood tests over the last couple of weeks. We should have the results soon. The thought right now is that Carson has a lot of bacteria in his gut. He just started a new anti-bacterial medication and an antibiotic to help kill the bacteria overgrowth. If this is the issue, we should know in the next few weeks. If not, we'll move on to the next treatment. We still have chelation as an option to remove heavy metals from his system. That may be one of the next steps, if necessary. As time goes on (even though it seems as though it is taking forever) I truly believe that Carson can make a full recovery...and when he does...we are going to have a HUGE party!

Griffin is going through the terrible 3's right now. I've never quite seen an attitude and personality like this in a 3 year old. He makes me laugh so hard but also makes me completely crazy at times. He's currently obsessed with "deers" and hunting. That is all he talks about. He is constantly pretending he's a deer and everyone has to "shoot" at him. He's very stubborn but oh so cute. We're very close to having him potty-trained (finally!) He still seems to think that "little turds" in his pants are okay and everytime he has an accident, it's just a "little turd" even if it is a huge mess. He is starting to like me more but is still completely obsessed with his Mommy.

Mia is a ray of sunshine. She has turned into such a happy little girl. I can barely remember the crazy crying infant that she was for so long. She's so beautiful and funny. She is Emily's twin and even has her very sensitive personality. She's the only person that loves Emily MORE than Griffin does. She is on Emily like a leach. It's crazy! She gives the best kisses I've ever received from a baby. She also has the cutest dimples. I love seeing her try to get in and play with her crazy brothers. They get so mad when she takes their stuff but she holds her own. She and Griffin have screaming matches at each other when they are mad and Carson just yells "Get him (Mia) away from me."

I hope each of you has a GREAT 2011! I have a feeling it's going to be a year of big changes for us...all good I hope!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah an update! Hope this is a great year too!

Margie

Anonymous said...

Missed the updates....I believe this year is going to be better. Carson is doing great, I see it and I'm so thankful. Griff, is just too cute stay mad at and Mia is just adorable...her kisses are the best. Keep that spirit!!!!!
Nonna

Our Journey To Eden said...

Glad to hear that you plan on posting more. Hoping that 2011 will be a great year for all!