Monday, September 7, 2009

Sending you off into the world

Carson,

The day has come that your Mom and I have to send you off to Kindergarten. It's bittersweet to say the least. One of my biggest wishes was that you would be mainstreamed for Kindergarten and you have achieved that goal. I knew you would.

I just tried to put you to bed and instead tucked you in on the couch so you could finish your Scooby Doo Pirate movie, per your request. You were sleeping within 5 minutes. I know you were exhausted from your fun weekend. We had one of the best weekends ever. I could see the joy in your eyes....no doctors, no therapies, just FAMILY and FUN, exactly what a little 5 year old boy like you should have. I'm sorry that it can't always be like that for you but I love making the most of those moments with you.

This summer has flown by. You have worked harder than ever before and harder than most people will ever have to work. Your hard work has paid off. Sending you off to Kindergarten shouldn't be this hard since we had to send you the past two years to preschool but this seems different. I KNOW that you will rock. I am just scared that people will not see all of your wonderful qualities...I hope they do. You are pure joy.

I hope that you know how much you are truly loved. You have made your mother and I two of the happiest, proudest people in the world. I know that you were pretty into your show just now when we talked but I think that you heard me when I told you how proud you make me. You have changed my life so much. You have given me such an appreciation for things and taught me not to take things for granted and not to judge others. You amaze me every day with your strength and determination.

No matter how many obstacles may come your way this year...you will soar above them. It's so hard to let you go but I know we have to. We have to give you this opportunity to shine.

I can't believe this day is here. Knock em' dead little man!

ALWAYS KNOW HOW MUCH YOU'RE LOVED! You are truly a gift from God.

I Love You.... more than you will ever know.

Daddy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You speak from the heart....what a beautiful send off. God bless our little man and watch over him in his new adventures.
Much Love

Anonymous said...

So sweet and touching.
Carson is going to do great.

Love Audrey

Unknown said...

Such a touching post. You and Em are amazing parents and Carson is going to do great in Kindergarten.

Niki

nickoleg said...

Okay. I'm am in tears. That was such a great post. I'm so happy that he likes school.

Unknown said...

That was amazing writing and amazing tenderness. I know Carson will love reading this when he gets older! He is so lucky to have you two!
Love
Cindy

Sara said...

OKay, now I'm crying. Nice to meet you... :)

Jay and Emily said...

Thanks everyone....I had to write it out to help get the lump out of my throat. It was much harder sending him than I thought it would be. I just want to protect him forever.

Anonymous said...

That was really nice!

Margie